Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Bruce Lynes <dl...@shaw.ca> on 2002/03/19 18:12:55 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.x

I'm curious as to whether this problem is just me.  I haven't seen any
mention of anyone else running into this problem.

However, what I'm experiencing (it doesn't happen in Tomcat 4.0.x), but I
still need to get things working under Tomcat 3.2.x is:

1. deploy the war file
2. restart tomcat
3. attempt to run the application

Where the problem lies is in the jar/zip files that are in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/appname/WEB-INF/lib directory.  Some don't get loaded at
all, and others only get partially loaded.  For the ones that only partially
get loaded, even if I extract them into the classes directory, I still run
into the same roadblock.

This phenomenon occurs under both Tomcat 3.2.3 and Tomcat 3.2.1.  I can move
my jar/zip files into the system lib directory, but then my servlets are
foobar; Tomcat won't find them anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help or answers you might have.

P.S.  Any properties files I have won't get loaded from the WEB-INF/classes
directory either...I have to put those into the $TOMCAT_HOME/classes
directory.

RE: Tomcat 3.2.x

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I use tomcat 3.2.4 and haven't noticed this problem.  Not sure about the
earlier versions of 3.2.x.

Brandon

RE: Tomcat 3.2.x

Posted by Robert Nocera <rn...@neosllc.com>.
I was under the impression that you need to rename your zip files to jar
files to get Tomcat 3.2 to load them.  At least that's what I have
noticed in using Tomcat 3.2 with JBuilder.

Robert Nocera
New England Open Solutions
www.neosllc.com
"You supply the Vision.  We will do the rest."