Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 03:55:28 UTC

Calling WriteFuture.join() in a filer causes a hang (Was: Re: filters)

Hi Benoit,

On 9/1/06, Benoit Hudzia <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I have another question related to filters: when inside a filter you
> want to send back a message on the same session ( ex error message due to
> malformed message etc..). Using session write in the filter    works
> perfectly fine and the message is sent back . But when I do join() on
> writefuture object  returned while doing session.write(myMessage) within
> the
> filter  . The whole thing hang up , it looks like a deadlock and I didn't
> have time yet to look within the code, but I would like to know if it's a
> normal behaviour or a bug?

I can't think of any reason that causes a hang in this case.  Could you
please post the full thread dump at the moment of hang?

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6