Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/23 02:57:40 UTC

Regarding "Blacklist of Routes" Feature of nTier Apps 2.0

Hello,

I referred to the Functional Specification present at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/nTier+Apps+2.0+Functional+Spec to understand what does blacklisting routes feature mean. Can anyone help me understand what does this feature do and how is it implemented on the Router?

Thank you,
Chandan.

RE: Regarding "Blacklist of Routes" Feature of nTier Apps 2.0

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Alena,

Added the mentioned test case to the test plan,

Thank you,
Chandan.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Alena,

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Alena,

<Ch...@citrix.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the Information Alena,
>
>May I know the information for the following questions pertaining to
>the
>feature:
>
>1. Format of Specified Black Listed Routes: In the FS, it is mentioned
>that we specify the routes as "10.10.10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24". Do you
>parse the network information using the "," as the delimiter for a
>value? If Yes, What happens if someone provides the input as
>"10.10,10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24"? Do you still successfully verify against
>the valid input "172.16.1.0/24" and ignore the "10.10,10.0/24" value?

The code won't allow to specify routes in "10.10,10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24"
format neither for blacklisted routes, nor for static routes. The format validation will be done for each cidr; and "," will be used as a delimiter.

>2. Do you do a subnet check to prevent the blacklisted static route
>creation?  I mean, if the blacklisted routes are
>"10.10.10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24", then do you prevent the static route
>creation for "10.10.10.20/26" network which is a sub-network for
>10.10.10.0/24 network?

Yes.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
<Ch...@citrix.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the Information Alena,
>
>May I know the information for the following questions pertaining to the
>feature:
>
>1. Format of Specified Black Listed Routes: In the FS, it is mentioned
>that we specify the routes as "10.10.10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24". Do you parse
>the network information using the "," as the delimiter for a value? If
>Yes, What happens if someone provides the input as
>"10.10,10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24"? Do you still successfully verify against
>the valid input "172.16.1.0/24" and ignore the "10.10,10.0/24" value?

The code won't allow to specify routes in "10.10,10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24"
format neither for blacklisted routes, nor for static routes. The format
validation will be done for each cidr; and "," will be used as a
delimiter.

>2. Do you do a subnet check to prevent the blacklisted static route
>creation?  I mean, if the blacklisted routes are
>"10.10.10.0/24,172.16.1.0/24", then do you prevent the static route
>creation for "10.10.10.20/26" network which is a sub-network for
>10.10.10.0/24 network?

Yes.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Hello Alena,

[...]

4. Do you check for the black listed route only when createStaticRoute command is executed? Is the check made as a part of any other action on the setup?

Thank you,
Chandan.

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.