Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Wes Mckean <WM...@us-south.net> on 2001/04/20 15:24:37 UTC

Installing SOAP

Hi folks:

I downloaded SOAP and installed it.  Everything appears to be running fine,
but when I run the addressbook example, testit.cmd, I am getting a SOAP
exception as follows:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a:
'faultcode
' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schema
s.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a: 'faultcode'
element.
]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClie
nt.java:140)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:228)
.

I've tried everything, including loading xerces.jar first, ut to no avail.
Can anyone offer a bit of quick guidance if they have had the same problem.
I looked for an archive of e-mail messages, but couldn't find anything.

Wes