Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 03:45:45 UTC

Confused with Shards multicore search results

Hi,

I finally got shards work with multicore but now I am facing a different
issue.

I have 2 seperate schema / data config files for each core. I also have
different unique id for each schema.xml file.

I indexed both the cores and I was able to successfully search independently
on each core but when I used Shards, I didnt get what I expected. For ex:

http://localhost:8990/solr/core0/select?q=10000565 returned 1 row
http://localhost:8990/solr/core1/select?q=10000565 returned 1 row

When I tried this
http://localhost:8990/solr/core0/select/?q=10000565&shards=localhost:8990/solr/core0,localhost:8990/solr/core1

It again returned just one row.. but I would think that it should return 2
rows if I have different unique id for each document.

Is there any configuration I need to do in order to make it searchable
across multiple indexex? any primary / slave configuration? any help would
be of great help to me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,
Barani

Re: Confused with Shards multicore search results

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I think this will work as long as the fields involved in the search are identical.  That's probably not the case with your shards, though.

 Otis
----

Posted by JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
"different unique id for each schema.xml file."

All cores should have the same schema file with the same unique id
field and type.

Did you mean that the documents in both cores have a different value
for the unique id field?

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM, JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally got shards work with multicore but now I am facing a different
> issue.
>
> I have 2 seperate schema / data config files for each core. I also have
> different unique id for each schema.xml file.
>
> I indexed both the cores and I was able to successfully search independently
> on each core but when I used Shards, I didnt get what I expected. For ex:
>
> http://localhost:8990/solr/core0/select?q=10000565 returned 1 row
> http://localhost:8990/solr/core1/select?q=10000565 returned 1 row
>
> When I tried this
> http://localhost:8990/solr/core0/select/?q=10000565&shards=localhost:8990/solr/core0,localhost:8990/solr/core1
>
> It again returned just one row.. but I would think that it should return 2
> rows if I have different unique id for each document.
>
> Is there any configuration I need to do in order to make it searchable
> across multiple indexex? any primary / slave configuration? any help would
> be of great help to me.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Thanks,
> Barani