Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> on 2001/07/05 21:44:58 UTC

FYI... working on reimplimenting the content_lenght_filter

Working on the nonblocking pipe read I realised that the content_length_filter is still
quite broken.  I hope to get a patch out this afternoon.

Bill

Re: FYI... working on reimplimenting the content_lenght_filter

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> If I create a CGI script that generates a lot of bytes, the cl-filter will read those
> bytes into heap buckets and keep reading until the CGI is done sending before passing
> anything down the filter chain. If the CGI generates 100MB of bytes, the cl-filter will
> buffer it all before sending any of it down the stack. That's broken :-)  Well, the
> nonblocking read stuff I just checked in earlier today -may- cause some bytes to get sent
> down the stack, but that is not by design.
>
> The modifications I am working on will do two things... make the cl-filter honor flush &
> put a limit on the number of bytes the filter buffers before writing to the network.

Ahhhhh.....  Yep, that's definately broken.  Thanks for the info.

Ryan

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.