Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/09/05 11:08:43 UTC

RE: ?overwrite libs in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed

Do you use Tomcat 4.x? If so, not the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed
but the tomcat/lib/endorsed is used and you have to replace the
jars there.

With other servlet engines the procedure described by you works
fine for me.

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Great.

> > With other servlet engines the procedure described by you works
> > fine for me.
>
> But probably only with a non-Sun classloader
> (which is looking in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed)
> or the Sun documentation is invalid?

I use the usual (Sun) classloader and it works - I never looked at the
docs...

Carsten

Re: ?overwrite libs in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed

Posted by "Enke, Michael" <mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Do you use Tomcat 4.x? If so, not the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed
> but the tomcat/lib/endorsed is used and you have to replace the
> jars there.

Whao, Thank you, it works now also for me!
Yes, I use Tomcat 4.1.9
There it is tomcat/common/endorsed

> With other servlet engines the procedure described by you works
> fine for me.

But probably only with a non-Sun classloader
(which is looking in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed)
or the Sun documentation is invalid?

Thanks,
Michael