Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai" <PR...@hcl.in> on 2007/04/17 12:36:00 UTC

How to Build Eclipse RCP Application using Maven

Hi All,

   How to build a Eclipse RCP Application using Maven?
   What are the steps I need to follow for the same?

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh Babu.P

DISCLAIMER:

Re: How to Build Eclipse RCP Application using Maven

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/07, Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai <PR...@hcl.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following authentication error is coming while trying to install
> your eclipse plugins. The following command deploying eclipse plugins to
> the NECLUES Repo/.
>
> How to install eclipse plugins in local repo (.m2 repo)?

You can't blindly follow the steps and expect things to work.

The steps shown are examples, you will need to customize it to suit
your environment.

e.g. NUCLEUS is referring to the machine where your internal
repository is located.

You will need to use the examples, think about your environment, and
decide whether these steps make sense in your environment and with
that knowledge alter the example commands to work in your environment
(or ignore the step completely if it is not appropriate)

RE: How to Build Eclipse RCP Application using Maven

Posted by "Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai" <PR...@hcl.in>.

Hi,

The following authentication error is coming while trying to install
your eclipse plugins. The following command deploying eclipse plugins to
the NECLUES Repo/.

How to install eclipse plugins in local repo (.m2 repo)?

C:\Documents and Settings\bpra\.m2\SampleProject1>mvn -e
eclipse:make-artifacts -DeclipseDir=D:\eclipse -DdeployTo=external_free:
:default::scp://NUCLEUS/usr/local/www/default/maven2_repositories/extern
al_free

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Simple Demo
[INFO]    task-segment: [eclipse:make-artifacts] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [eclipse:make-artifacts]
[INFO] Will deploy artifacts to remote repository
external_free::default::scp://NUCLEUS/usr/local/www/default/maven2_repos
itories
/external_free
[INFO] Processing file
D:\eclipse\plugins\com.atlassw.tools.eclipse.checkstyle_4.3.0
[INFO] Building jar: C:\DOCUME~1\bpra\LOCALS~1\Temp\mvn-eclipse54161.tmp
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.core.resources, assuming
any version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.ui, assuming any version
> 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.jface.text, assuming any
version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.jdt.core, assuming any
version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.core.runtime, assuming
any version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.ui.ide, assuming any
version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.jdt.ui, assuming any
version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor,
assuming any version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.ui.editors, assuming any
version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.team.cvs.core, assuming
any version > 0
[INFO] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.team.core, assuming any
version > 0
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Unable to deploy artifact to repository.

Embedded error: Error deploying artifact: Authentication failed: Cannot
connect. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: NUCLEUS
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to deploy
artifact to repository.
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:564)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:143)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Unable to
deploy artifact to repository.
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.MakeArtifactsMojo.processSingleFile(Make
ArtifactsMojo.java:417)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.MakeArtifactsMojo.execute(MakeArtifactsM
ojo.java:211)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.ArtifactDeploymentException: Error
deploying artifact: Authentication failed: Canno
t connect. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: NUCLEUS
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy(Defaul
tArtifactDeployer.java:94)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.MakeArtifactsMojo.processSingleFile(Make
ArtifactsMojo.java:406)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException:
Authentication failed: Cannot connect. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostExc
eption: NUCLEUS
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(Defa
ultWagonManager.java:268)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putArtifact(Defaul
tWagonManager.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy(Defaul
tArtifactDeployer.java:80)
        ... 20 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.wagon.authentication.AuthenticationException: Cannot
connect. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException:
NUCLEUS
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.AbstractJschWagon.openConnecti
on(AbstractJschWagon.java:186)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.AbstractWagon.connect(AbstractWagon.java:143)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(Defa
ultWagonManager.java:235)
        ... 22 more
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.UnknownHostException:
NUCLEUS
        at com.jcraft.jsch.Util.createSocket(Unknown Source)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.jsch.AbstractJschWagon.openConnecti
on(AbstractJschWagon.java:158)
        ... 24 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 14 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 18 11:34:26 IST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/7M
[INFO]

Thanks & Regards
Ramesh Babu.P

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/07, Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai <PR...@hcl.in> wrote:

> I saw this site already but there is no step by step procedure to build
> application.
>
> Do we need pde-maven-plugin to build RCP?
> Can u please give me a complete description about this?

Err, you go to the pde-maven-plugin site and follow the examples.

You also read the eclipse plugin link and install your eclipse plugins
into your local M2 repository.

It really is that simple.

RE: How to Build Eclipse RCP Application using Maven

>    How to build a Eclipse RCP Application using Maven?
>    What are the steps I need to follow for the same?

Besides searching the nabble archives for more on this, have a look at:

See "Building Eclipse RCP and RCP-based Applications "
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Building+Eclipse+RCP+and+RCP-
based+Applications

which I wrote up.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.