Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu> on 2004/01/08 16:13:53 UTC

default pub/ BXE / Simple Doctype

Hi all,
What do I have to configure to get BXE to work nicely with the Simple
Doctype in the default publication.

It appears that I need to work on the simple-bxeng.css stylesheet to
properly display the content (The index page content is displayed as a
single block of text without the formatting for the itemizedlist, ulink,
and p elements).   I plan on playing with that today.

The toolbar buttons in bxe do not apply simple elements to my page
(doctype simple).  When I try to use the hyperlink button, it tries to
add an a element instead of a ulink element.  Any one know how to make
the buttons work with the simple doctype, or where I can find
documentation on this?

Thanks for the help,

--Doug

Re: default pub/ BXE / Simple Doctype

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:

> Hi all,
> What do I have to configure to get BXE to work nicely with the Simple
> Doctype in the default publication.

Actually, the simple doctype was almost declared dead
because nobody wanted to create the CSS until the 1.2
release. But if you want to be this person, go for it :)

> It appears that I need to work on the simple-bxeng.css stylesheet to
> properly display the content (The index page content is displayed as a
> single block of text without the formatting for the itemizedlist, ulink,
> and p elements).

Yes.

-- Andreas