Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/08 22:49:45 UTC

Using filters in Mina

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with filters myself and started
looking into them. I see much documentation on them
for use in Servlets but how does it vary in Mina? I've
basically designed a proxy server using Mina to act as
a proxy for routing requests between two very
different systems.  The mechanism I use is in
attaching specific objects to the sessions and would
use these in encoding and decoding of the packet data
in the messageReceived methods of my handlers. I was
wondering if this is something that would be better
implemented as a filter? If so what is the best
approach?

Thanks, S.D.

Re: Using filters in Mina

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 3/9/06, Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not very familiar with filters myself and started
> looking into them. I see much documentation on them
> for use in Servlets but how does it vary in Mina? I've
> basically designed a proxy server using Mina to act as
> a proxy for routing requests between two very
> different systems.  The mechanism I use is in
> attaching specific objects to the sessions and would
> use these in encoding and decoding of the packet data
> in the messageReceived methods of my handlers. I was
> wondering if this is something that would be better
> implemented as a filter? If so what is the best
> approach?

Have you taken a look at the current mina filters?  They are pretty
simple and very effective for understanding the filter concept - dont
bother with SSLFilter though - its pretty complex.

Regards,
Vinod.