Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Mohit Rathod <mr...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/14 05:33:16 UTC

1.0.0-b2 mynewt with nrf52dk

Hi,

I am getting errors with the newer version of the OS. Building boot-loader
and target app image gives assembler errors. Below is an example of the
error on the blinky app:

Building target targets/blink_nordic
Compiling main.c
Archiving blinky.a
Compiling blink_nordic-sysflash.c
Compiling blink_nordic-sysinit-app.c
Archiving blink_nordic-sysinit-app.a
Compiling hal_bsp.c
Compiling sbrk.c
<snip>
Compiling os_arch_arm.c
Compiling os_fault.c
Assembling HAL_CM4.s
Error: HAL_CM4.s: Assembler messages:
HAL_CM4.s:161: Error: selected processor does not support `vstmdbeq
R12!,{S16-S31}' in Thumb mode
HAL_CM4.s:162: Error: instruction not allowed in IT block -- `stmdb
R12!,{R4-R11,LR}'
HAL_CM4.s:174: Error: selected processor does not support `vldmiaeq
R12!,{S16-S31}' in Thumb mode
HAL_CM4.s:176: Error: incorrect condition in IT block -- `mvnne
LR,#~0xFFFFFFFD'
HAL_CM4.s:178: Error: instruction not allowed in IT block -- `ldmia
R12!,{R4-R11}'

The target was nrf52dk. Can someone suggest a fix to this??

Re: 1.0.0-b2 mynewt with nrf52dk

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohit,

Can you send your target definition, i.e. the output of newt target
show?  Also, what version of gcc are you running (specifically,
arm-none-eabi-gcc -v) and host platform (i.e. linux distro, or Mac?)

Also the output of compiler/arm-none-eabi-m4/compiler.yml

Thanks,
Sterling