Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/10/17 14:37:33 UTC

Re: Messaging Component Architecture

Hi,

I wrote a blog post[1] on the Thrift communication in Stratos, based on the
stuff I've read and come across in the code. Please let me know if there
are any corrections to be made.

[1] -
http://code.chamiladealwis.com/blog/2014/10/10/thrift-communication-in-apache-stratos/

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Thanks for pointing this out. I made the change as follows.

"*The Cartridge Agent publishes several events to the message broker after
it starts, two key events being the InstanceStartedEvent and the
InstanceActivatedEvent. The InstanceStartedEvent is published after the
Topology is confirmed as consistent. The InstanceActivatedEvent is
published after the InstanceStartedEvent, but this can happen in two code
paths. If there is no repository based artifact management to be done, the
InstanceActivatedEvent will be published immediately by the CartridgeAgent.
If the Cartridge Agent has to wait for the ArtifactUpdatedEvent to start
managing the artifacts related to a repository, the InstanceActivatedEvent
will be published after the artifacts are synchronized to the instance.
These events are published from the Cartridge Agent to the
`/instance/status` topic in the message broker. In both cases the health
statistics publishing job starts after the InstanceActivatedEvent is
published.*"

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
I will add this blogpost to wiki. I have created a JIRA [1] to track this
task.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-898

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Great work Chamila!

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.
Great post Chamila !

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a blog post[1] on the Thrift communication in Stratos, based on
> the stuff I've read and come across in the code. Please let me know if
> there are any corrections to be made.
>
> [1] -
> http://code.chamiladealwis.com/blog/2014/10/10/thrift-communication-in-apache-stratos/
>

> Regards,
> Chamila de Alwis
> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dinesh,
>>
>> Thanks for the resource. I was reading through it yesterday and help me
>> quite a lot to understand the current log publishing design.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Chamila de Alwis
>> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
>> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>>

>> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This [1] might be helpful which explains the Data Bridge Thrift Agent
>>> component architecture
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://wso2.com/library/articles/2012/07/creating-custom-agents-publish-events-bamcep/

>>> --