Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Emmanuel Cuevas Rodriguez <ec...@ids.com.mx> on 2004/02/10 00:29:53 UTC

Positioning of block at the end of the before region

Hi everyone !!!

I have been trying all day long to place a block at the end of the region before, but I haven't acieved it... I've read the FOP manual and FAQs, but there's nothing that seems to help me...

Here is what I want to do:

+--------------------+
| region-before      |
|                    |
|+----------+        |
||          |        |
|| block_1  |        |
|+----------+        |
|                    |
|                    |
|+----------+        |
||          |        |
|| block_2  |        |
|+----------+        |
+--------------------+

The block_1 block, is not a fix one, it can change the number of lines in it, and I must let de block_2 block fixed whatever happens in the region...

And here is a sample of my code:

				<fo:simple-page-master master-name="invoice" page-height="29.7cm" page-width="21cm"
					margin-top="0.5cm" margin-bottom="0.5cm" margin-left="0.5cm" margin-right="0.5cm">

					<fo:region-body margin-top="10.8cm" margin-bottom="5.2cm" region-name="body"/>
					<fo:region-before extent="10cm" region-name="header"/>
					<fo:region-after extent="4.9cm"  region-name="footer"/>

				</fo:simple-page-master>
		<fo:block font-size="9pt" position="absolute" left="4cm" top="8cm" width="12cm" height="2cm">
			<fo:table table-layout="fixed" border-style="solid">
				<fo:table-column column-width="2.1cm"/>

And what gives me the code above is:

+--------------------+
| region-before      |
|                    |
|+----------+        |
||          |        |
|| block_1  |        |
|+----------+        |
|+----------+        |
||          |        |
|| block_2  |        |
|+----------+        |
|                    |
|                    |
+--------------------+

Can somebody help me. If I have not seen what I want and it's in the docs, please let me know...

TIA

TY:
Emmanuel Cuevas
Senior Developer

Re: Positioning of block at the end of the before region

Posted by Mark Williams <ma...@skwirel.com>.

> The only trouble is that I'm not sure if it works in static-content. The
> website says it must be direct descendent of fo:flow. I know that you
> cannot nest it within other blocks. Give it a try in static-content and
> post back what you find.

Yes it does.  Use it all the time.

Regards

Mark

Re: Positioning of block at the end of the before region

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Emmanuel Cuevas Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi everyone !!!
>
> I have been trying all day long to place a block at the end of the region before, but I haven't acieved it... I've read the FOP manual and FAQs, but there's nothing that seems to help me...
>
> Here is what I want to do:
>
> +--------------------+
> | region-before      |
> |                    |
> |+----------+        |
> ||          |        |
> || block_1  |        |
> |+----------+        |
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |+----------+        |
> ||          |        |
> || block_2  |        |
> |+----------+        |
> +--------------------+
>
> The block_1 block, is not a fix one, it can change the number of lines in it, and I must let de block_2 block fixed whatever happens in the region...

A fo:block-container can be used to absolutely position a block in a
page, e.g.

<fo:block-container position="absolute" left="0cm" top="4cm"
width="15cm" height="2cm">

The only trouble is that I'm not sure if it works in static-content. The
website says it must be direct descendent of fo:flow. I know that you
cannot nest it within other blocks. Give it a try in static-content and
post back what you find.

Other possible solutions include using nested tables in the static
content. The outer table has 2 rows, the first with a fixed height.

<snip/>

Chris