Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@apache.org> on 2013/04/18 11:37:49 UTC

Fwd: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers

[- log4j-user, +log4cxx-user]

Hello Chand,

thanks for your feedback!

You made a few good points. Still, a project which is not maintained bug
patching its code base or creating releases is actually "end of life".
That said, the role "mentor" is restricted to active long-term
Apache-people (spoken easily).

But it would be possible for you to join the developers team as committer.
In this case you would get direct write access to SVN. I, as mentor, would
assist you to understand all the rules of the Apache Software Foundation.

That said, I count you as "initial committer" if we would go into the
incubator, right?

Lets hope a few more people are interested, then we might have a chance to
go to incubation.

Cheers
Christian

--