Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/04 19:52:45 UTC

Re: load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

I have a Mac host with 3 VM's: one Win7 for Karaf node, another Win7 for
Karaf node and one Ubuntu for httpd.

following directions here:
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/02/load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer/
<http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/02/load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer/>

I have added the following config to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf in Ubuntu
13.10 distro.  Note that there is no /etc/httpd dir.  Following URL is
working on Ubuntu: http://localhost (I see the "It works!", etc.)

I edited the apache2.conf file and stopped/started apache2 service:

service apache2 stop
service apache2 start

Contents of config change in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:

<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
  BalancerMember http://192.168.2.111:8181
  BalancerMember http://192.168.2.110:8181
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /ws balancer://mycluster

<Location /balancer-manager>
  SetHandler balancer-manager
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Location>

I added this config at the very bottom of the file w/o editing anything
else.

I started karaf on both nodes of the cluster.  I am able to navigate to
http://localhost:8181/ws on both nodes.

When I navigate to http://localhost/balancer-manager I get:

The requested URL /balancer-manager was not found on this server.

Plz advise how to fix.  thx.

Re: load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
Configured on Mac host instead of Ubuntu and now it's working...

Re: load-balancing-with-apache-karaf-cellar-and-mod_proxy_balancer

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
root@ubuntu:/etc/apache2# service apache2 stop
 * Stopping web server apache2
*
 * The apache2 configtest failed, so we are trying to kill it manually. This
is almost certainly suboptimal, so please make sure your system is working
as you'd expect now!
root@ubuntu:/etc/apache2# service apache2 start
 * Starting web server apache2
*
 * The apache2 configtest failed.
Output of config test was:
AH00526: Syntax error on line 223 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
Invalid command '<Proxy', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.