Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ivan Venuti <i_...@yahoo.it> on 2005/04/24 09:46:37 UTC

expressing arrays in WSDL for interop

Hi,

I'm facing interoperability problems with arrays.
Sometimes they are wrong interpreted from other
clients (.NET, Python, Perl, PHP...).

Here is an example:

            <xsd:complexType name="Product">
                <xsd:annotation>
                    <xsd:documentation>Rappresents
each product available for each
order</xsd:documentation>
                </xsd:annotation>
                <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1" name="id" type="xsd:string"/>
                    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1" name="description" type="xsd:string"/>
                    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1" name="price" type="xsd:double"/>
                    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1" name="currency" type="xsd:string"/>
                    <xsd:element maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="1" name="available" type="xsd:boolean"/>
                </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>
            <xsd:complexType name="ArrayOfProduct">
                <xsd:sequence>
                    <xsd:element
                        maxOccurs="unbounded"
                        minOccurs="1"
                        name="item"
                        type="xsd1:Product"/>
                </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>

Do you know if there is another way to express array
type in WSDL, that is correct also for the WS-I Basic
Profile and that is more interoperable?

Thanks

-- Ivan

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it