Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Arun Luthra <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 19:38:30 UTC

How to ignore features in mllib

Is it possible to ignore features in mllib? In other words, I would like to
have some 'pass-through' data, Strings for example, attached to training
examples and test data.

A related stackoverflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30739283/spark-mllib-how-to-ignore-features-when-training-a-classifier

Arun

Re: How to ignore features in mllib

Posted by Burak Yavuz <br...@gmail.com>.
If you use the Pipelines Api with DataFrames, you select which columns you
would like to train on using the VectorAssembler. While using the
VectorAssembler, you can choose not to select some features if you like.

Best,
Burak