Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org> on 2022/03/11 17:10:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Preview release for Flink Kubernetes Operator

Hi Team!

I would like to discuss the timeline for the initial preview/milestone
release of the flink-kubernetes-operator
<https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator> project.

The last few weeks we have been working very hard with the community to
stabilize the initial feature set and I think we have made great progress.
While we are still far from a production ready-state, a preview release
will give us the opportunity to reach more people and gather much needed
input to take this project to the next level.

There are still a couple missing features that we need to iron out and we
need to make sure we have proper documentation but after that I think it
would be a good time for the preview release.

I propose to aim for the first release candidate around the 25-27th of
March after which we should dedicate a few days for some extensive testing
and bugfixing.

What do you think?

Gyula

Re: [DISCUSS] Preview release for Flink Kubernetes Operator

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
The whole release plan sounds good to me. Thanks for driving this.

Best,
Yang

Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org> 于2022年3月23日周三 16:22写道:

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@apache.org>.
Hi Team!

Posted by Aitozi <gj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gyula,

Thanks for the quick response. And your answers to the questions sound good
to me.

I'd suggest first creating a "Creating a Flink Kubernetes Operator Release"
page and a "Verifying a Flink Kubernetes Operator Release" page on the
wiki[1], just like other projects. We can then discuss / comment around the
docs and keep refining them.

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xintong!

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.