Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Woody Arnold <wo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/01 22:48:55 UTC

Interested in volunteering with Apache

To Whom It May Concern,

Hello. My goal is to get into the technical writing field. I have a BS degree in civil engineering that I completed at California State University, Long Beach and did some graduate coursework in environmental engineering from San Diego State University. I also studied and intern abroad in Austria and Germany respectively. I'm interested in volunteering because I want to gain some experience related to technical writing to build up my portfolio and felt compelled to introduce myself to you all. Attached is my resume and also just started a blog related to technical writing, life, innovations, and book reviews, but its a project in the making for now and will soon get its own domain name to replace the ".wordpress.com".

Here's the link to my personal blog:

https://theoutlawthinker.wordpress.com/

When you click on the "Portfolio" tab on my blog, it will link you to my LinkedIn account that some samples of my
writing. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Woody Arnold, EIT
(619)817-1043
woodyarnold37@yahoo.com

Re: Interested in volunteering with Apache

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
[Reposting because Woody may not be subscribed to "dev".]

Another welcome, Woody.
You can see what we immediately need help with at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.2-patch1/binaries/

There are some README files in each of the subdirectories.
We would love some feedback on these.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Welcome.