Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net> on 2014/06/23 09:26:24 UTC

Optiq release 0.8

We have been making releases of Optiq monthly for the past several months [1]. The community seems to appreciate the predictability, and I believe it helps build our community. (For one thing, it encourages people to contribute back and wait for a release, rather than creating their own development branch.)

There have been 5 weeks, 34 commits, and 13 issues fixed since the last release, so we are due for a new one.

We are making progress through the incubation process -- the key SGAs have been filed, and so we should be able to transfer code to Apache git in the next few days; also we have moved to Apache jira and mailing lists -- but we are probably a month away from making a release through Apache.

With our mentors' permission, I would like to create a release using the "old" process in the next few days. How do I get that permission?

Julian

Re: Optiq release 0.8

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014, at 12:26 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:

> With our mentors' permission, I would like to create a release using the
> "old" process in the next few days. How do I get that permission?

Hi Julian,

sorry for the belated reply - I think it is allright for practical
reasons to do a final non-ASF release as the code hasn't been migrated
yet.

Kind regards,

Steven.

Re: Optiq release 0.8

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Our mentors agreed to do a release outside the incubator. And it seems
quite common for new podlings:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stratosphere-dev/201405.mbox/%3CCALuGr6YuUAAfVtuG-rdNmyEBD8xjxqOc14RCHPxvi_Hr%3DHHMYw%40mail.gmail.com%3E