Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Monica Razdan <mo...@almende.org> on 2011/09/19 22:36:56 UTC

Caching in BigCouch

Hello,

 I wanted to compare the caching mechanism used in Hadoop - LRU with
the caching in BigCouch. However, I couldn't find details about
underlying caching algorithm used in Bigcouch. Could someone please
direct me to the right resource?

Thanks,
monica

Re: Caching in BigCouch

Posted by Monica Razdan <mo...@almende.org>.
Julien thanks for your reply. Your experience helps me to reflect back on my use case.

Robert, I'm investigating the possibilities of scaling couchdb using  BigCouch. However, I haven't been able to find documents or resources about the performance and scaling benchmarks?

Svein,
Thanks for your post! I'm investigating couchbase server as well at this moment.

Has anyone ran some performance and/or scaling test on bigCouch or Couchbase server?

Re: Caching in BigCouch

Posted by Julien Gagnet <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Caching in BigCouch

Posted by Monica Razdan <mo...@almende.org>.