Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/10 06:04:02 UTC

Is anyone else seeing an NoSuchMethodError for DistributedFileSystem?

I'm trying to compile the snapshot with "mvn -Dhadoop.version=1.0.4 package
-P assemble"

testFileMonitor(org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.vfs.providers.VfsClassLoaderTest)
Time elapsed: 0.005 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.getFileSystem()Lorg/apache/hadoop/hdfs/DistributedFileSystem;
    at
org.apache.accumulo.test.AccumuloDFSBase.<clinit>(AccumuloDFSBase.java:71)
    at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.createTest(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:195)

Re: Is anyone else seeing an NoSuchMethodError for DistributedFileSystem?

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi!

Can you post a stack trace with the error to a pastebin and send us a link?

--
Sean

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ok: 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT

Yes. That also happens to me. FWIW, you're also not invoking the command
you should be.

`mvn package -Dhadoop.profile=1.2 -Dhadoop.version=1.0.4 -Passemble`

There are some differences in dependencies between hadoop 1 and 2 that
the hadoop.profile=1.2 will sort out for you.

Regardless -- sounds like a ticket is in order. Also need to check if
this happens in 1.6.0.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Version/Revision?