Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@supereva.it> on 2000/07/10 21:38:51 UTC

Tomcat 3.1 JVM exiting frequently - mine too!

Posted by Alec Bau <Al...@msdw.com>.
In my experience it's enough  to get NullPointerException in a single servlet/JSP to
bring down (silently!) both Tomcat 3.1 & 3.2b1. In JSP the exception isn't getting
caught and redirected to the error page. To me this happens consistently on NT SP6a
under JDK 1.2 or 1.3 in Tomcat standalone or with Apache. Haven't tried this on Unix.
Resin and ServletExec both survive the same thing simply by logging stack trace and
kicking off offending servlet. For Tomcat that's no way going even close to
production!