Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian E Miller <be...@hingedmind.com> on 2006/01/30 20:43:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Alias and directory path

On 1/30/06, Brian E Miller <be...@hingedmind.com> wrote:

> I want to call squirrelmail from the browser
> http://www.hingedmind.com/mindmail
>
> The actual path is /srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src or
> http://www.hingedmind.com/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src/index.php
>
> The document root is /srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind (I should change this to
> /srv/www/htdocs for virtual hosting).
>
> Current configuration: I looked at the directives page and in particular
> FollowSymLinks and it was enabled.
>
> Alias /mindmail "/srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src"
>
> <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src">
>
> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> DirectoryIndex index.php redirect.php login.php
> AllowOverride None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>

Tell us *exactly* what happens when you try to request a page,
including the exact URL that you use, and the exact contents of the
error and access logs for the request.

Joshua.

Thank you Joshua for the response.  I am not receiving these so I am data
mining the list for responses.

Based on the above configuration I use this url:
http://www.hingedmind.com/mind/

Result:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is
either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
www.hingedmind.com
Mon Jan 30 10:38:18 2006
Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

I have set all permissions to 777 for the sake of trying to figure this
out.  I know the file permissions are not the issue here.

Apache2 Error Log: (this is all that is showing in any logs).

[Wed Jan 25 04:14:39 2006] [error] [client 24.176.227.138] client denied
by server configuration: /srv/www/squirrelmail-1.4.5

hmmm the path is weird...

The logs vary a little depending on what I modify.

Thanks again...

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Alias and directory path

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 1/30/06, Brian E Miller <be...@hingedmind.com> wrote:

> > Alias /mindmail "/srv/www/htdocs/hingedmind/squirrelmail-1.4.5/src"

> Based on the above configuration I use this url:
> http://www.hingedmind.com/mind/

That URL does not match the one specified above.

Joshua.