Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Lewis <st...@azurediamond.com> on 2006/05/30 06:20:35 UTC

easy Q:

This is an easy one, but I haven't found a match by searching the archives.

I want to pass a VMarg ('-ea'--enable assertions, if you cared) during
execution of the unit tests.  What do you recommend?

--
SteveL

Re: easy Q:

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/29/06, Steve Lewis <st...@azurediamond.com> wrote:

> This is an easy one, but I haven't found a match by searching the archives.
>
> I want to pass a VMarg ('-ea'--enable assertions, if you cared) during
> execution of the unit tests.  What do you recommend?

I haven't tried it, but the docs say assertions should be enabled by default.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/howto.html

"Note: You do not need to manually enable assertions if you are using
them in your unit tests - Surefire enables them on your test classes
automatically under JDK 1.4+."

--
Wendy