Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/17 18:32:12 UTC

[Discuss] Donation of RDP client code

This donation addresses our need for an RDP client free of IP restrictions that can be included with Apache CloudStack's console VM.

RDP is of interest, because Hyper-V exposes VM consoles over RDP.  However, Apache CloudStack does not have an RDP client that is easy to build, can easily run in the console VM, and has no IP dependencies.

The donated code addresses this gap.  The source is for an all-Java solution, which meets the console VM's expectations of a Java-based renderer.  A Maven pom.xml is included that can be incorporated in the Apache CloudStack build.  Finally, the code has no significant IP dependencies.  Only JUnit 3.8.1 (Common Public License Version 1.0) and tomcat-embed-core 7.0.30 (Apache License, Version 2.03) are referenced by the pom.xml.  No third party Java code is used or included.

The client's source is in the diff attached to the Review Board submission https://reviews.apache.org/r/14701/  This submission includes technical details in the description field.  The code was developed for Citrix Systems by a contractor.

Note that the client still has to be integrated with console system VM.  However, it makes more sense to do this after we're certain that the client will go into ACS.

Please have a look, all opinions welcome!

Re: [Discuss] Donation of RDP client code

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Donal Lafferty
<do...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Ram,
>
> The next step is to have the community decide on the donation.
>
> Therefore, I have sent out an email to kick off the VOTE for accepting the code into a separate branch from master.
>

> DL

Awesome.  Thanks Donal.  That's exactly what I was going to ask you to do!

RE: [Discuss] Donation of RDP client code

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.
Hi Ram,

Posted by Ram Ganesh <Ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.