Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2010/11/11 16:18:32 UTC

[VOTE] OODT Graduation to TLP

Hi IPMC'ers and the rest of the Incubator community,

The OODT community has been discussing graduation to TLP [1]. There is
overwhelming consensus in the community (all +1 VOTEs including those from
our mentors) that we've achieved what's required here in the Incubator, and
so we'd like to put forth the following board resolution for the next Board
meeting to promote OODT to an Apache TLP and graduate from the Incubator.

Please VOTE on the below resolution for promoting OODT to an Apache TLP and
graduating from the Incubator. The VOTE is open for 72 hrs.

[ ] +1 Accept OODT's graduation from the Incubator
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't accept OODT's graduation from the Incubator because...

=================================
      Establish the Apache OODT Project

      open-source software related to the construction of scientific,
      data management systems for distribution at no charge to the public.

      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache OODT Project",
      Foundation; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache OODT Project be and hereby is
      related to the construction of scientific, data management
      systems; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache OODT" be
      and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
      serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
      of the Apache OODT Project, and to have primary responsibility
      for management of the projects within the scope of
      responsibility of the Apache OODT Project; and be it further

      Apache OODT Project:

      * Andrew Hart (ahart@apache.org)
      * Brian Foster (bfoster@apache.org)
      * Cameron Goodale (goodale@apache.org)
      * Chris A. Mattmann (mattmann@apache.org)
      * Dan Crichton (crichton@apache.org)
      * David Kale (davekale@apache.org)
      * David Woollard (woollard@apache.org)
      * Ian Holsman (ianh@apache.org)
      * Joshua Garcia (joshuaga@apache.org)
      * Justin Erenkrantz (jerenkrantz@apache.org)
      * Paul Ramirez (pramirez@apache.org)
      * Sean Hardman (shardman@apache.org)
      * Sean McCleese (smcclees@apache.org)
      * Sean Kelly (kelly@apache.org)

      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Chris A. Mattmann
      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache OODT, to
      serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
      death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
      or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache OODT Project be and hereby
      Incubator OODT sub-project; and be it further

      Incubator OODT sub-project encumbered upon the
      Apache Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.
=================================

Here's my +1 (binding).

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [VOTE] OODT Graduation to TLP

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by david woollard <wo...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding...

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> ...Please VOTE on the below resolution for promoting OODT to an Apache TLP and
> graduating from the Incubator. The VOTE is open for 72 hrs....

+1, congrats!

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] OODT Graduation to TLP

Posted by Brian Foster <ho...@mac.com>.
I'm on the list!!! . . . +1 for chris! . . . +1 for graduation!

-brian

Posted by Paul Zimdars <pz...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Yes yes yes! :) +1 non-binding.

Paul

Posted by Paul Zimdars <pz...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Yes yes yes! :) +1 non-binding.

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

> [...]

> >       Incubator OODT sub-project; and be it further
> >
> >       RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> >       Incubator OODT sub-project encumbered upon the
> >       Apache Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.
> > =================================
> >
> > Here's my +1 (binding).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Chris
> >
> > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> > Senior Computer Scientist
> > NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
> > Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> > Email: Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
> > WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
> > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
> > University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA

Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String

Re: [VOTE] OODT Graduation to TLP

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Christopher,

Dave Woollard is now with Project WBS, and Josh Garcia is now strictly at USC, so no, it's not the case.

Cheers,
Chris

On 11/11/10 8:14 AM, "Christopher Brind" <br...@brindy.org.uk> wrote:

Is it still the case that Dave Kale is still the only non JPL committer
(other than mentors)?

Cheers,
Chris

On 11 November 2010 15:18, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) <

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Christopher,

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding).
Tommaso

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding).

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Brian Foster <ho...@mac.com>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
+1

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] OODT Graduation to TLP

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-11-11, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:

> Please VOTE on the below resolution for promoting OODT to an Apache TLP and
> graduating from the Incubator. The VOTE is open for 72 hrs.

> [ ] +1 Accept OODT's graduation from the Incubator
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't accept OODT's graduation from the Incubator because...

+1

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] OODT Graduation to TLP

Posted by "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.