Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be> on 2007/06/05 10:12:02 UTC

Re: inputFileUpload save state problem

Hi,

For security reason, in HTML (not related to JSF), it's impossible to
set an initial value for an upload field.

En l'instant précis du 05/06/07 10:55, ncheltsov s'exprimait en ces termes:

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

yes, it is intended to work like this.

And if you want to implement it yourself, you need to implement a
custom browser.
The existing browsers (IE, firefox, opera, ...) dit not allow this.

In HTML it is not possible to set an initial value, (nor set the value
by javascript later) to a
'<input type="file" ...>' tag.

Regards,
    Volker