Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/22 18:17:10 UTC

[VOTE][IMPORTANT] Abdera release 1.0, take 2

Please, take a look at the new files and vote, I'd like to release this
version as soon as possible. The NOTICE file should be fixed and I've added
the package signatures:

http://people.apache.org/~calavera/abdera-release-1.0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ecalavera/abdera-release-1.0/>

--
David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net

Re: [VOTE][IMPORTANT] Abdera release 1.0, take 2

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Axiom is  still missing it's copyright notices
>
> The distribution is missing notice from the axiom libraries
> (axiom-api-1.2.5.jar, axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar)
> This product includes software developed by
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
> Portions Copyright 2006 International Business Machines Corp.
>
> Jaxen is still missing it's copyright notices
>
> This product includes/uses Jaxen 1.1.1 (http://jaxen.codehaus.org/)
> Copyright 2003-2006 The Werken Company. All Rights Reserved.
>

> What others think about these issues

FWIW, Jaxen doesn't distributed a NOTICE file in their releases, our
release includes their LICENSE file, so I don't see why we should be
required to jump through hoops to document that info in our NOTICE.
If they had a NOTICE file we would be doing so, but they don't.

Not sure about Axiom.  They appear to have a NOTICE.txt in the jar, so
perhaps the contents should be in our NOTICE.

-garrett

Re: [VOTE][IMPORTANT] Abdera release 1.0, take 2

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
My understanding is that the notice file should mention/inherit the
copyright notices from dependency jars, and I have looked in each jar
to come up with these notices and described them in [1].

The current release have things like :

This product includes/uses software(s) developed by 'an unknown organization'
  - htmlparser (http://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/)

Compared to:

This product includes/uses htmlparser (http://about.validator.nu/htmlparser/)
 * Copyright (c) 2005, 2006, 2007 Henri Sivonen
 * Copyright (c) 2007-2008 Mozilla Foundation
 * Portions of comments Copyright 2004-2007 Apple Computer, Inc., Mozilla
 * Foundation, and Opera Software ASA.
 * Copyright (c) 2001-2003 Thai Open Source Software Center Ltd
 * All rights reserved.
 * Copyright (c) 2000, 2006, 2008 Ian Hickson and various contributors

Axiom is  still missing it's copyright notices

The distribution is missing notice from the axiom libraries
(axiom-api-1.2.5.jar, axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar)
This product includes software developed by
Portions Copyright 2006 International Business Machines Corp.

Jaxen is still missing it's copyright notices

This product includes/uses Jaxen 1.1.1 (http://jaxen.codehaus.org/)
Copyright 2003-2006 The Werken Company. All Rights Reserved.

What others think about these issues ?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/vb2s6gay4dfqxnbt

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: [VOTE][IMPORTANT] Abdera release 1.0, take 2

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
ok

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
upss, sorry Garret, I still can rollback the release there isn't any problem

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Garrett Rooney <

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
Nop, the web page needs a complete revision

Posted by Simon Lucy <si...@objective2k.com>.

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com>.
Great!