Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by T Vinod Gupta <tv...@readypulse.com> on 2012/01/12 00:22:34 UTC

recommended ways to access hbase from ruby client

hi,
what are the most recommended approaches to access data stored in hbase
from ruby code? i see bunch of options out there but don't know which one
is the best and widely used.
currently, our backend systems write data to hbase and also expose thrift
based apis. our website ruby code calls those apis and gets the results.
the more efficient way would be to go look into hbase directly from ruby
code.

thanks

Re: recommended ways to access hbase from ruby client

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM, T Vinod Gupta <tv...@readypulse.com> wrote:
> hi,
> what are the most recommended approaches to access data stored in hbase
> from ruby code? i see bunch of options out there but don't know which one
> is the best and widely used.

Can you jruby it?

> currently, our backend systems write data to hbase and also expose thrift
> based apis. our website ruby code calls those apis and gets the results.
> the more efficient way would be to go look into hbase directly from ruby
> code.

Ruby via thrift?  You've seen the ruby ORMs listed on support projects
up on wiki?

St.Ack