Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 21:56:27 UTC

mod_proxy

Hi all,

Does anyone have an example of setting Apache2 that use a reverse proxy with
mod_proxy?

I have set my own, but I receive some errors in the error log and I don't
know how to solve them, and I also don't know how to make the IP of the
visitor appear in the back-end server's access log.

Thank you for any help.

Octavian

Re: mod_proxy

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.
On Jan 24, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have an example of setting Apache2 that use a reverse
> proxy with mod_proxy?
>
> I have set my own, but I receive some errors in the error log and I
> don't know how to solve them, and I also don't know how to make the
> IP of the visitor appear in the back-end server's access log.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Octavian

On the backend proxy, you can use this:

	http://search.cpan.org/~jvanasco/Apache2-xForwardedFor-0.04/lib/
Apache2/xForwardedFor.pm

On the front end , you'll have to do some munging to get the ip in
the x-forwarded-for header.  I use nginx on the front, not apache, so
can't help.

Some people prefer using x-real-ip , i don't.

// Jonathan Vanasco

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: mod_proxy

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 1/24/07, Octavian Rasnita <or...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of setting Apache2 that use a reverse proxy with
> mod_proxy?

There's no trick to it.  The examples in the mod_proxy documentation
should work.  You will need to turn ProxyPreserveHost on if you want
to use NameVirtualHost on the back-end server.

> I have set my own, but I receive some errors in the error log and I don't
> know how to solve them

It would help to see the errors.

> and I also don't know how to make the IP of the
> visitor appear in the back-end server's access log.

Usually people just use the access log from the proxy server instead.

- Perrin