Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/10 22:00:59 UTC

Renaming ChangeLog to ChangeLog.md?

Hi,

I think I've brought this before, but I'd like to ask again, since the
tooling now is somewhat different and brings a bit of space

What do you think about moving the ChangeLog file to markdown, and renaming
it as ChangeLog.md? This way,

- it would display rendered on GitHub, we could add links, lists, etc

- it could be copied/integrated into the static website build on the
Jenkinsfile, allowing to have a full styled changelog page

IIRC, the file content would not need too much work, as it's mostly
markdown (and, if needed, it could be polished afterwards). These
two things would be independent one from another, we can link to github
from the website, without having a fully styled changelog, or
we could have both.

thoughts?

best regards,
juan pablo

Re: Renaming ChangeLog to ChangeLog.md?

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
 both done now :-) changelog should be available at
https://jspwiki.apache.org/development/changelog.html /
https://github.com/apache/jspwiki/blob/master/ChangeLog.md

cheers,
jp