Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alex Sanderson <al...@duke-interactive.com> on 2000/10/13 15:53:21 UTC

Solaris 7 mod_jk compilation

I had an annoying time getting the mod_jk to compile under an out-of-the-box Solaris 7 sparc.  I was using JSDK 1.3 and apache 1.3.12.
The module compiles perfectly with the howto's command line but apache gives an error saying

Cannot load libexec/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file libexec/mod_jk.so: fdatasync: referenced symbol not found

Anyway after wading through newsgroup messages I discovered that the posix4 library was referenced and that is where fdatasync is. The module will only load with the following command line.

apxs -c -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris -l posix4 *.c ../jk/*.c

Hope this helps someone.
Alex