Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Michael Christopher <mi...@bluewin.ch> on 2014/05/25 17:05:38 UTC

Calculation of Kappa value

Hi

With the Confusion Matrix below I get a Kappa value of 0,8023. Actually
it should be 1, because there are no wrong classifications.

I debugged and found out that it happens, because the samples variable
is two times incremented in the "putCount" method
(org.apache.mahout.classifier.ConfusionMatrix). Commenting out this
incrementation lead to the Kappa value of 1.

Is this a bug or do I something something?

Confusion Matrix
a        b        <--Classified as
6        0         |  6         a     = 1_YES
0        9         |  9         b     = 2_NO

Statistics
Kappa                                       0,8023
Accuracy                                       100%
Reliability                                66,6667%
Reliability (standard deviation)            0,5774

Re: Calculation of Kappa value

Posted by Michael Christopher <mi...@bluewin.ch>.
Thanks Sebastian

No, I downloaded the source code (version 0.9) from mirror. I am bit
busy at the moment. will try to work with the trunk and provide a patch
in about 2 weeks.

Regards

Michael

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.