Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/02/17 14:33:47 UTC

[mentors] More mentors for Felix

Hi all,

I've asked the ASF membership to help lend a hand to mentor Felix.  Not
because there are any issues with Felix.  First of all I think there
could be more guidance given and different points of view if we had more
than just one mentor.  Another thing is I'm finding myself spread thin
for time.  This is also a new policy the incubator is considering:
having 3 or more mentors per podling.  Anyways J Aaron Farr, and
Upayavira have stood up and volunteered to help with mentorship and I
welcome them.  Sylvain Wallez also let us know that he can help although
slightly busy so he's an optional backup for now.

Please if you have any questions let us know.  This only means that
Felix's concerns are covered by 3 or more different people as opposed to
just one.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Saturday 18 February 2006 05:51, Humberto Cervantes wrote:
>> I have one question, can't we just scan and send the documents by mail,
>> I think it could be easier like that.
>
> Scanned documents does not carry enough weight for the legal folks at ASF.
>
> Faxed documents (for some bizarre reason) has been accepted as legal paper and
> together with snail mail the only two modes of transport available.

Exactly. Faxes are considered legal by legal people. As is snail mail.

> Perhaps it can be brought up on legal-discuss@ whether certified digital
> signatures could be used, but otoh not that many people have access to proper
> PKI for it to be useful. Something for the future, no doubt.

Maybe one day, but I don't expect it in a hurry.

Upayavira

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 18 February 2006 05:51, Humberto Cervantes wrote:
> I have one question, can't we just scan and send the documents by mail,
> I think it could be easier like that.

Scanned documents does not carry enough weight for the legal folks at ASF.

Faxed documents (for some bizarre reason) has been accepted as legal paper and
together with snail mail the only two modes of transport available.

Perhaps it can be brought up on legal-discuss@ whether certified digital
signatures could be used, but otoh not that many people have access to proper
PKI for it to be useful. Something for the future, no doubt.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>

>>> As far as I know, the list of outstanding contributors is:
>>>
>>>    * Rob Walker (Ascert) - CLA, ICLA
>>>

>> ICLA & CCLA received, account created. I have just granted karma on
>> Felix repo. Welcome Rob!
>>
>> Rob,read http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#svn, and follow the
>> steps
>> described there to configure commit access.

Karma granted for Marcel. Marcel, please follow instructions on link
above. Welcome!

Upayavira

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Upayavira wrote:
> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>

>> As far as I know, the list of outstanding contributors is:
>>
>>    * Rob Walker (Ascert) - CLA, ICLA
>>

> ICLA & CCLA received, account created. I have just granted karma on
> Felix repo. Welcome Rob!
>
> Rob,read http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#svn, and follow the
> steps
> described there to configure commit access.

Yeah!

>>    * Marcel Offermans (Luminus) - CLA, ICLA
>>

> ICLA received. No CCLA received. No account created.
>
> Alex, can you send the required account request to root@?

I can make the request for Marcel, since I did it for Rob Walker.

> I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if anything is unclear (which
> is likely!)

At least we are starting to see some movement. Thanks a lot.

-> richard

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Humberto Cervantes <hc...@xanum.uam.mx>.
I have one question, can't we just scan and send the documents by mail,
I think it could be easier like that.

I will resend the documents ASAP...

Best regards,

Humberto

> >    * Humberto Cervantes - CLA, grant
>
> No CLA received. No grant received.
>
> Humberto, can you resend the documents, and let me know privately when
> you have done so?
>
> I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if anything is unclear (which
> is likely!)
>
> Regards, Upayavira
Humberto Cervantes <hc...@xanum.uam.mx>
Web: http://www.humbertocervantes.net

Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana-Iztapalapa,
San Rafael Atlixco Nº 186, Col. Vicentina, C.P. 09340
Delegación Iztapalapa. Distrito Federal, Mexico

Tel: (52) 55 5804 4634 ext 212

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> As far as I know, the list of outstanding contributors is:
>
>    * Rob Walker (Ascert) - CLA, ICLA

ICLA & CCLA received, account created. I have just granted karma on
Felix repo. Welcome Rob!

Rob,read http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#svn, and follow the
steps
described there to configure commit access.

>    * Francesco Furfari (DomoWare) - CLA, ICLA

Nothing received.

Can you resend both, and let me know privately when you have done so?

>    * Marcel Offermans (Luminus) - CLA, ICLA

ICLA received. No CCLA received. No account created.

Alex, can you send the required account request to root@?

Marcel, do you intend to send in a CCLA?

Posted by francesco furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it>.
Hi all, and welcome to the new mentors !!

Well, take a look at
http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?nav=TrackBynumber
using the tracking number529 4491 112 you can see that the mail has been
delivered to JAGIELSKI (Jim?)

Maybe the misunderstanding is due to the names usage.
Domoware is the name of a OS Project not a company.
Behind that name there is a team of 3 people:
Stefano Lenzi, Matteo Demuru and me (Francesco Furfari)
The project is hosted by the ISTI-CNR an Institute of the Italian
National Research Institute, and the Domoware SW was developed using
ISTI-CNR resources.

We waited a lot of time to receive the endorsment by the CNR Central
Office, and at the end the ISTI Director, Prof. Piero Maestrini, has
signed the Software Grant. The 13th 2006 January the secretary sent all
the paperworks to the ASF and it were received the 16th.

So, I think you should look for something filed as ISTI-CNR,
ISTI stands for:
Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione "A.Faedo"
or something filed as Piero Maestrini.

Inside the envelope there are:
3 CLA signed by Stefano Lenzi, Matteo Demuru and me

1 software agreement signed by Prof. Piero Maestrini representing ISTI-CNR,
3 software agreement signed by Stefano Lenzi and Matteo Demuru and me as
individuals.

I hope this help you ,

regards
   francesco

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I cannot see record of any of the three of you, nor a CCLA for DomoWare.

I've pinged Jim.

	--- Noel

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>
>>> Great! Maybe with three mentors we can figure out why we have such
>>> difficulty getting our CLAs and grants on file!  ;-)
>>>

>> Well, usually because of the hassles of fax machines :-)
>>
>> I'm happy to help with that. Can you list the ones that are outstanding?
>
> As far as I know, the list of outstanding contributors is:
>
>    * Rob Walker (Ascert) - CLA, ICLA
>    * Francesco Furfari (DomoWare) - CLA, ICLA
>    * Marcel Offermans (Luminus) - CLA, ICLA
>    * Humberto Cervantes - CLA, grant
>
> Humberto was recent, but the rest have been hanging out there for a
> while. Other people can correct me if I am wrong or fill in additional
> details.
>
> -> richard

Richard,
	also me("Stefano Lenzi") and "Matteo Demuru" have sent the CLA for
DomoWare. Also as far as I know Francesco have sent all the
documentation by DHL no by Fax.

I'll wait for news.

Ciao,
Stefano Lenzi

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
I just realized on the list below I type ICLA, when I mean CCLA...sorry
for the confusion.

-> richard

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Marcel Offermans wrote:
> About faxes...
>
>>    * Marcel Offermans (Luminis) - CLA, ICLA
>
> I have tried to send an ICLA and grant.
>
> The first time I sent both in the same fax session. Only the ICLA showed
> up in the administration.
>
> About a week ago I re-sent the grant again, but it seems to be lost
> again (or is still being processed).

Thanks. I will keep an eye out. If you wish to be sure, you could send
one by post as a backup. As I said earlier, faxes are notorious for
arriving unreadable.

Upayavira

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
About faxes...

>    * Marcel Offermans (Luminis) - CLA, ICLA

I have tried to send an ICLA and grant.

The first time I sent both in the same fax session. Only the ICLA showed
up in the administration.

About a week ago I re-sent the grant again, but it seems to be lost
again (or is still being processed).

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [mentors] More mentors for Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.