Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/11/01 16:01:53 UTC

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

> It seems $fdat stop working after a few requests.. this varys..
> I use a system like this:  http://index.html?id=p34|l2   (id id=page | 34
language = 2
> this works works for several hits and than suddenly fdat{id} is empty.

Do you do any other requests inbetween ? May some request that involves a
POST ? In that case this is a know error on windows. It's a bug in mod_perl
that doesn't set the enviroment variables correctly. The current CVS version
of Embperl contains a fix for this, but I guess this isn't available as ppm.
(maybe Randy is able to create one?). In any case if you use the CVS version
of Embperl you have either to installed Apache::SessionX (from
ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/session) or set in your httpd.conf

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS "HTML::Embperl::Session"

Gerald

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I'll do that replacement in the ppm version tonight ....

Thanks

> I should have mentioned that - the config is particular to my
> system, and probably will have to be altered for others ...

I plan to take a closer look at the session handling in the next time, then
I will try come up with something, that allows to adapt the config by the
enduser

Gerald

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Gerald Richter wrote:

> Hi,
> >
> > Well I have installed the embperl ppm Randy made (thanks) and now I get an
> other message:
> >
> > [1376]SES:  Embperl Session management enabled (>= 1.50)
> > [Tue Nov 13 14:20:57 2001] [error] Can't locate object method "setidfrom"
> via package "HTML::Embperl::Session" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "HTML::Embperl::Session"?) at C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Embperl.pm line 1692.
> >
> > I put this extra line in my httpd.conf:
> >
> > PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS "HTML::Embperl::Session"
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> Oops, I forgot to commit the a newer version of HTML::Embperl::Session to
> the cvs, so Randy included the old one. I append the correct one, search
> under your perl directory the site/lib/HTML/Embperl/Session.pm and replace
> it with the appended file, then it should work.

I'll do that replacement in the ppm version tonight ....

> > I also tried this with the Apache::SessionX ppm. (with and with out that
> extra httpd.conf line)
> >

> This normaly should work (without the extra line), but it dpends how Randy
> build the package. Normaly Apache::SessionX creates a config during run of
> Makefile.PL, and Randy can only include his config, which may not work on
> your system. I have to check out this further. (but the first approach
> should work for you)

I should have mentioned that - the config is particular to my
system, and probably will have to be altered for others ...

best regards,
randy

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Hans de Groot <ha...@interspective.nl>.
Hi,

Well I have installed the embperl ppm Randy made (thanks) and now I get an other message:

[1376]SES:  Embperl Session management enabled (>= 1.50)
[Tue Nov 13 14:20:57 2001] [error] Can't locate object method "setidfrom" via package "HTML::Embperl::Session" (perhaps you forgot to load "HTML::Embperl::Session"?) at C:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Embperl.pm line 1692.

I put this extra line in my httpd.conf:

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS "HTML::Embperl::Session"

Any hints?
I also tried this with the Apache::SessionX ppm. (with and with out that extra httpd.conf line)

Oh the packege I installed was called: HTML-Embperl [1.3.4_dev-4] is this the correct one?
it came from: http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer:

Regards

Hans de Groot

------
Hans de Groot
Interspective Internet Services B.V.
Tel: +31 (0) 30 6001180
Fax +31 (0) 30 6044204
www:   http://www.interspective.nl
email:   hansg@interspective.nl

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> It'd be no problem to make up a ppm package of Embperl based
> on the cvs version - I'll do that over the weekend ... To avoid
> confusion as to versions, would you recommend, Gerald, replacing
> the current Embperl ppm package I now have with one based on the
> cvs sources (I do that for mod_perl), or should a separate one
> be made up?

I think it's better to replace it, because 1.3.3's POST handling is broken
on ActiveState Perl. I just have added a few comments about Apache::SessionX
usage and commited it to the CVS (I have to write more docus, but don't have
the time yet). Please make also a ppm for Apache::SessionX. YOu can get it
from ftp://ftp.dev.ecos.de/pub/perl/session.

Thanks very much

Gerald

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I take it CVS is something complicated?

No, the only thing is that you need a compiler. You can download a snapshot
and just install it just like the normal release. See INSTALL.pod for
detailed instructions how to compile it for ActiveState Perl (You need MS
VC++ 6.0, because ActiveState Perl is compiled with this version). For
getting the CVS version see
http://perl.apache.org/embperl/CVS.pod.1.html#INTRO

>I do remeber I saw Apache::Xsession somewhere with ppm files I am going to
try to find it again.

If your session works now, maybe it's easier not to use Apache::SessionX,
but set EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS

Gerald

Re: fdat values disapearing (was:sessions are working now!)

Posted by Hans de Groot <ha...@interspective.nl>.
Okay I think I better wait and see if Randy can make a ppm file of the latest version.

For now I just leave the "maxrequestsperchild" at 5.. it seems to be working okay.. but very slow..

I take it CVS is something complicated? I do remeber I saw Apache::Xsession somewhere with ppm files I am going to try to find it again.
I am sorry I look so silly but I have no clue what to do on a win32 with all the unix ports.. At least on linux I have some experience but the win32 ports are new to me.. (but those ppm things work great :--)) but I remeber my amiga time and all those ports and there was always something not just right.. but the amiga port of apache did fork the apache clients :-))

Thanks for all the help.

Regards

Hans de Groot.

------