Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com> on 2013/04/10 01:25:02 UTC

KVM | CentOS | Windows

Hello Team,

My present setup is as follows:

KVM | CentOS | CS 4.0.1

1st Issue:

Attempting to utilizing Windows Server 2012, the ISO does not find the virtual drive. Even provisioning a secondary one, it will allow me to attach it, yet and still I cannot install to the secondary or first drive.

2nd Issue:

Attempting to provision and attach a secondary virtual drive to an existing Windows Server 2008R2 instance, seems to not allow that. When I go to attach the volume, it lists my linux instances and my windows 2012 (which doesn't matter because that's nt working) but not the window 2008 instance.

Does anyone out there have any experience on either flavour of windows and utilizing CS on KVM.

Please assist me if you can.

Thank you,

Maurice

Re: KVM | CentOS | Windows

Posted by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com>.
Actually, I figured it out. Odd, I mounted the ISO in linux and extracted the files for 2008 R2. Now I am going to play with getting 2012 up and working (getting the drive to show up) during installation.

Re: KVM | CentOS | Windows

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
after importing the drivers iso into cloudstack, you can then attach the
iso to the vm. from the instance section, select your vm, and you should
see an 'attach iso' icon in the icon bar.

Re: KVM | CentOS | Windows

Posted by Maurice Lawler <ma...@me.com>.

Re: KVM | CentOS | Windows

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.