Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sundeepmalali <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/24 08:19:27 UTC

Can tag in war plugin be used with Maven 1.0 ?

Hi,

We are using Maven 1 and have a need to provide a war dependency to a jar. I
found that this could be addressed using Maven war plug-in's 'attachClasses'
tag. I have the following snippet in Project.xml of the war module. But it
does not create the jar artifact which contains the class files / resources
in the war.

	<build>
		<plugins>
		  <plugin>
			<version>2.1.1</version>
			<configuration>
			  <attachClasses>true</attachClasses>
			</configuration>
		  </plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>

Want to know if this can be used with Maven 1 ? If not, is there a way to
achieve this using Maven 1 ?

Re: Can tag in war plugin be used with Maven 1.0 ?

Posted by sundeepmalali <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ok, will have to move it to Maven 2.

On a different note, does attachClasses only work with class files or does
it include resources like libs, properties files etc also in the jar file
created by the war plugin ?

Thanks
Sundeep

Re: Can tag in war plugin be used with Maven 1.0 ?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <ka...@soebes.de>.
Hi,

are you really talking about Maven 1. 0 ? If yes the maven-war-plugin would
not work (i never tested it)...

Migrate to Maven 2 or Maven 3 as soon as possible cause it will make your
life easier...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

-----