Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Seth Ladd <se...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/13 02:10:45 UTC

Meaning of the Numbers in the $GERONIMO_HOME\config_store?

Hello,

I'm curious as to what the numbers for the directory names inside the
$GERONIMO_HOME\config-store mean.  Where do they come from?

I ask because I was trying to find where geronimo deployed my war file.

Thanks!
Seth

Re: Meaning of the Numbers in the $GERONIMO_HOME\config_store?

Posted by Seth Ladd <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:47:36 -0700, Dain Sundstrom
<ds...@gluecode.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Seth Ladd wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:11:46 +0100, Ralf Barkow <rg...@tiscali.de> wrote:
> >>                 In the file
> >> $GERONIMO_HOME/config-store/index.properties
> >> behind your configID you will find the number/subdirectory where
> >> geronimo deployed your war file.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Do you know why there is this level of indirection?
>
> Configuration identifiers are URIs and can contain characters that are
> not valid on the target file system.  Also, if we use the configuration
> identifier as the directory name, an upgrade of that configuration
> would require first removing the entire configuration and writing a new
> one.  This would not allow us to recover in the case of a deployment
> failure.

Ah!  Thanks very much for the helpful explanation.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
On Nov 13, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Seth Ladd wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:11:46 +0100, Ralf Barkow <rg...@tiscali.de> wrote:
>>                 In the file
>> $GERONIMO_HOME/config-store/index.properties
>> behind your configID you will find the number/subdirectory where
>> geronimo deployed your war file.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Do you know why there is this level of indirection?

Configuration identifiers are URIs and can contain characters that are
not valid on the target file system.  Also, if we use the configuration
identifier as the directory name, an upgrade of that configuration
would require first removing the entire configuration and writing a new
one.  This would not allow us to recover in the case of a deployment
failure.

-dain

Re: Meaning of the Numbers in the $GERONIMO_HOME\config_store?

Posted by Seth Ladd <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralf Barkow <rg...@tiscali.de>.
                In the file $GERONIMO_HOME/config-store/index.properties
behind your configID you will find the number/subdirectory where
geronimo deployed your war file.

--  Ralf