Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shari Smith <un...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/24 01:08:27 UTC

Sourceforge video saying 3.4.1

Just though someone might want to either pull the video or update it :)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/?source=dlp

WTG & Thanks for this wonderful new version!
Shari

Re: Sourceforge video saying 3.4.1

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/26 Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de>

> Am 07/26/2013 03:59 PM, schrieb Roberto Galoppini:
>
>> 2013/7/25 Marcus (OOo)<ma...@wtnet.de>

>>> \o/
>>>
>>> Drew will be happy.
>>>

>> Indeed, and if he has any update I'll make sure to upload a new version.
>>

>>>   Marcus what about updating the feature section?
>>>

>>> You means this text?
>>>
>>> Features
>>>      Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
>>>      170+ Languages
>>>      Extensions available
>>>      Commercial support available
>>>
>>> I would also add a line with "Templates available" as it is linked on the
>>> bottom of the webpage.
>>>

>> What about a short summary of all the new features enlisted in the release
>> notes?
>>

> Good idea. However, it's difficult to select the best choices. The
> following is my suggestion. If anyone has another, feel free to add or
> correct:
>
> New Features and Enhancements
> - New Sidebar
> - Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents,
> Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
> - DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
>   - New Color Palette
>   - New Gradients
>   - New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
>   - Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
>   - Refined Selection Visualization
>   - Better Print Preview
>   - Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
>   - Enhanced FillType 'Bitmap'
>   - Enhanced Copy/Paste
>   - Enhanced Drag&Drop
>   - Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
>   - SVG Export enhancements
>   - SVG/Metafile Break improvements
>   - SVG Import improvements
>   - Picture Crop mode offers preview
>   - Unified visualization of ColorPalette popups
>   - Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
>   - Connectors support rotation
>   - Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
>   - Better gradient support in metafiles
> - Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
>   - Support relative Pie Chart Height:
>   - New Functions
>     - AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and
> RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
> - Extensions Improvements/Enhancements
>   - New Toolbar management
>   - Unified menu API
> - Performance Improvements/Enhancements
>   - Many resource leaks were fixed.
>   - Speedup of Graphic Rendering
> - Additional Language Support
> - Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
>   - Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc,
> .sdd, etc.)
>   - Python support updated
>   - Support for system C++ STL

Ok, added them all, maybe we do want to order them a bit (for example
setting the New Toolbar management in an higher position)?

> If possible from the webpage frontend point-of-view add a possibility to
> expand and collapse this area, e.g., with + and - signs - like it is done
> with the "Additional details" text.

Actually all features are shown.

> And a link to the release notes at the end like "Click here to get the
> complete text" would be great.

Maybe we could use the External link tool?
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/External%20Link/

>  Also at least a new screenshot with the sidebar would be great.
>>>

>> Sure, let me know if you need any help to get things done.
>>

> Keep it simply. So, why not take these both ones from the release notes:
>
> To see it in action:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/download/**attachments/30746475/**
> screenshot-writer-context-**shape.png<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30746475/screenshot-writer-context-shape.png>
>
> To see the possibilities:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/download/**
> attachments/30746475/sidebar-**panels.png<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30746475/sidebar-panels.png>

We can display 6 screenshots, need to know which one we want to replace
with those.

Can you help me with that?

Roberto

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Roberto Galoppini <
roberto.galoppini@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/7/24 Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de>
>
> > Am 07/24/2013 01:08 AM, schrieb Shari Smith:
> >
> >  Just though someone might want to either pull the video or update it :)
> >> http://sourceforge.net/**projects/openofficeorg.mirror/**?source=dlp<
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/?source=dlp>
> >>

> > @Roberto:
> > What do you think, can you update the video? Drew has posted here a
> > version and link to his new brilliant artwork for AOO 4.0.0:
> >
> > http://mail-archives.apache.
> **org/mod_mbox/openoffice-dev/**201307.mbox/%*
> > *3CCABoexJ3VoPdd2nm1xe4TM2q2wid**JRurmEt8n6Cn-jTh_toAULA%**
> > 40mail.gmail.com%3E<
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-dev/201307.mbox/%3CCABoexJ3VoPdd2nm1xe4TM2q2widJRurmEt8n6Cn-jTh_toAULA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
> >

> Here we go: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/

good!  :)

> Marcus what about updating the feature section?
>
> Roberto
>

> >  WTG&  Thanks for this wonderful new version!
> >> Shari
> >>

> > @Shari:
> > Thank you very much. We wish you much fun and success with the new
> release.
> >
> > Marcus

MzK

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."
                             -- Jon Bon Jovi

Re: Sourceforge video saying 3.4.1

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.