Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Evan Rusackas <ev...@preset.io.INVALID> on 2022/09/26 14:16:11 UTC

Migrating Treemap to Treemap V2

Hello Superset Developers!

We’re seeking lazy consensus on the migration and removal of the legacy Treemap chart in favor of Treemap V2. This has a couple of small caveats, which is why we’re seeking lazy consensus or seeing if it needs a SIP or major version bump to proceed. The changes would be:

1) The legacy treemap supports multiple metrics. However, only the first metric seems to be used/displayed by the chart, so the rest can probably be safely ignored, and we can only support one metric in the new chart.

2) The legacy treemap supports a control for aspect ratio. We’re not sure if anyone really needs/uses this feature, so at the moment the plan is to not support this in the new chart. We think this is the only missing piece in terms of feature parity.

If nobody has objection to this migration, we’ll proceed if/when lazy consensus is reached in 3 days.

Thank you,

-e-

Evan Rusackas
Preset | preset.io