Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 17:24:44 UTC

Contact details for website issues; JIRA for main website?

As recently pointed out to us, the HC website does not explain how to
contact the project for website feedback.

I think we should add a Contact or Feedback link to the standard menu
to provide an overview of the various methods that can be used.

The dev@hc list is one way to report such issues, but it would be
useful to provide details of the issue tracker too.

We have HTTPASYNC, HTTPCLIENT, HTTPCORE for the individual components,
but we don't have a specific JIRA for the parent web-site.
I don't think it's worth setting up a new JIRA, so I assume we should
use HTTPCORE for the parent site as well.

I'm happy to do the work, but it would be useful to have feedback on
how best to make the information obvious to end-users.

Now the only section that appears on all the menus is the first section.
We could add a "Contact Us" link there.

Or we could change the "Mailing Lists" link into "Contact Us", and
then put the mailing list link on that page.

Thoughts?

Re: Contact details for website issues; JIRA for main website?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As recently pointed out to us, the HC website does not explain how to
> contact the project for website feedback.
>
> I think we should add a Contact or Feedback link to the standard menu
> to provide an overview of the various methods that can be used.
>
> The dev@hc list is one way to report such issues, but it would be
> useful to provide details of the issue tracker too.
>
> We have HTTPASYNC, HTTPCLIENT, HTTPCORE for the individual components,
> but we don't have a specific JIRA for the parent web-site.
> I don't think it's worth setting up a new JIRA, so I assume we should
> use HTTPCORE for the parent site as well.
>
> I'm happy to do the work, but it would be useful to have feedback on
> how best to make the information obvious to end-users.
>
> Now the only section that appears on all the menus is the first section.
> We could add a "Contact Us" link there.
>
> Or we could change the "Mailing Lists" link into "Contact Us", and
> then put the mailing list link on that page.
>
> Thoughts?

Good ideas.

We should not have a SITE Jira project, instead each Jira project should
have a Site or Documentation component.

Gary

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/