Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by John Onusko <JO...@actiance.com> on 2012/08/31 22:29:38 UTC

Cassandra and Apache Drill

Like a lot of folks, I have a need for Big Data and fast queries on that data. Hive queries against Cassandra functionally meet my requirements, but the job oriented processing is too slow when you need to execute many queries on a small portion of the data. It seems like Apache Drill might be the right answer to this problem. I see HBase mentioned as a possible integration point with Drill, but no mention of Cassandra. Has anyone taken a look at Drill to see how it could access the data in Cassandra?

-John

Re: Cassandra and Apache Drill

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
I don't think Drill has been accepted into the incubator yet or has any
code.

If/When that happens then it's entirely possible Cassandra could be
integrated.

--
http://twitter.com/tjake

Re: Cassandra and Apache Drill

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.
Many queries on small portion of the data….sounds like playORM ;).

As long as you partition your data with playOrm, you can do really fast queries into that data by partition using Scalabla SQL (SQL with the addition of a partition clause in front as to what partitions you are querying).  Joins are currently being added as well and should be just as fast as an RDBMS join as well.

Later,
Dean

From: John Onusko <JO...@actiance.com>>
Date: Friday, August 31, 2012 2:29 PM