Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by fp <Fr...@impaqgroup.com> on 2008/06/20 15:32:28 UTC

behind a firewall: How to set up proxy authentication user password?

I'm working with Geronimo behind a firewall and wanted to remote install a
plugin or jdbc-driver from the internet.
The JAVA_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=IP-Adr -DproxyPort=8080 works only
without user/ password authentication
How to set up proxy authentication user password?

Re: behind a firewall: How to set up proxy authentication user password?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 20, 2008, at 9:32 AM, fp wrote:

> I'm working with Geronimo behind a firewall and wanted to remote
> install a
> plugin or jdbc-driver from the internet.
> The JAVA_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=IP-Adr -DproxyPort=8080
> works only
> without user/ password authentication
> How to set up proxy authentication user password?

Wow. Been a while since I had to deal with a proxy. IIRC, you can't
specify username password via java system properties (you'd have done
that already, of course... ;-). It's something we'd need to support
from within Geronimo. It's all possible, but not something that I
recall anybody working on...

First step is to create a Jira -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

Next step is to either start trying to implement the feature :-) or
convince somebody else to work on it. We'd be happy to provide some
guidance on how to implement...

--kevan