Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by le...@srs.gov on 2006/04/18 16:33:04 UTC

AWL - Where, how?

Sorry if this has been asked ad-nauseum, but by default, the
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL is enabled.

>From what I've been able to find on this topic, AWL is intended to be a
user or system maintained database of whitelisted "from" addresses.

We did nothing to create or populate this database, yet we see AWL scoring
negative points into SA, supposedly because the AWL rule was matched.

Where would this database or AWL be located that is being used for the
scoring?  Can I just turn AWL off by commenting the plugin out of
v310.pre?

Thanks!

Re: AWL - Where, how?

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
leonard.gray@srs.gov wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked ad-nauseum, but by default, the
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL is enabled.
>
> From what I've been able to find on this topic, AWL is intended to be a
> user or system maintained database of whitelisted "from" addresses.
>
> We did nothing to create or populate this database, yet we see AWL scoring
> negative points into SA, supposedly because the AWL rule was matched.
>
> Where would this database or AWL be located that is being used for the
> scoring?  Can I just turn AWL off by commenting the plugin out of
> v310.pre?
>
> Thanks!

after some "experience", I just disabled awl. I have tried to read how
it works, and wasn't convinced.
I couldn't find any theoritical support for the algorithm.