Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by joakim verona <jo...@verona.se> on 2004/02/10 20:50:38 UTC

Re: Status of Fins Block

I also use Fins, and I agree with Rudi that its a great cocoon block.

I think the problem is the GPL license of the Jfreechart library.
But wasnt the Apache license recently changed to be more compatible with
the GPL?

Anyway Rudi, It would be great to have access to your enchantments somehow.

/Joakim

Re: Status of Fins Block

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 10.02.2004 20:50, joakim verona wrote:

> I also use Fins, and I agree with Rudi that its a great cocoon block.
>
> I think the problem is the GPL license of the Jfreechart library.
> But wasnt the Apache license recently changed to be more compatible with
> the GPL?

GPL licensed libraries or code must still not be redistributed by
Apache. Fins is therefore maintained at cocoondev.org [1], to get
access, provide patches or similar you should contact Steven Noels or
Jeff Turner as written on the cocoondev.org homepage.

Joerg

[1] http://cocoondev.org/projects/fins.html