Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Kim <pk...@cymfony.com> on 2005/10/31 16:22:39 UTC

RE: Help requested

I just wanted to clarify... I don't believe the following statement is
accurate:

> The "contents" field searches on the entire document,
> including all indexes.

There is no default field named "contents" that automatically combines
the contents of all your fields. As Erik mentioned, you need to create
this field yourself and assign it a string value that is a concatenation
of all the fields you want to have indexed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Peter

RE: Help requested

Posted by Da...@sybase.com.
You're right, Peter.  I did some thorough testing today and I was very
wrong.  I'm now using MultiFieldQueryParser as Erik suggested.

Daniel Clark, Senior Consultant
Sybase Federal Professional Services
6550 Rock Spring Drive, Suite 800
Bethesda, MD  20817
Office - (301) 896-1103
Office Fax - (301) 896-1604
Mobile - (703) 403-0340

             "Peter Kim"
             <pkim@cymfony.com
                                       <ja...@lucene.apache.org>
             10/31/2005 10:22                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Help requested
             Please respond to