Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2001/11/19 17:42:15 UTC

Re: SV: What is Cocoon good for???

=?US-ASCII?Q?Soren_Neigaard?= says:
> Eeeh... Where do I find info on how to write a Generator? All I can find is
> the API, which tells me I only have to implement one method (generate).
>
> /Soren

Regarding this problem in general...  I was unable to get Cocoon to
make an SQL request using JConnect (Sybase JDBC).  There's an issue in
the way the connection setup is attempted.  However I use this JDBC
driver in servlets all the time, so I just made a servlet output an
XML document (be sure to set the content type) and included the URL
for that servlet, with parameters, in my XML file.  It's working
perfectly.

Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans
jsexton@odshp.com

RE: SV: What is Cocoon good for???

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> Regarding this problem in general...  I was unable to get Cocoon to
> make an SQL request using JConnect (Sybase JDBC).  There's an issue in
> the way the connection setup is attempted.  However I use this JDBC
> driver in servlets all the time, so I just made a servlet output an
> XML document (be sure to set the content type) and included the URL
> for that servlet, with parameters, in my XML file.  It's working
> perfectly.

We use Sybase with JConnect in combination with C1 + C2 - no problems here
--
Torsten