You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/16 17:03:11 UTC
Upgrading Netty?
Hi all,
Is it worth to upgrade Netty before 4.10 release?
I am running clients and bookies with 4.1.36, we have 4.1.32 in community
pom.xml
I think it is worth to update to latest and greatest 4.1.39 but I don't
have a way to run extensive testing
Which version are you using in prod?
Enrico
Re: Upgrading Netty?
Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il mer 21 ago 2019, 23:33 Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> If we are close to a release, I would suggest holding on upgrading the
> dependencies. We can upgrade in 4.11.
>
Fair.
Let's wait for 4.10 release
Thanks
Enrico
> Thanks,
> Sijie
>
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 1:58 PM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ping
> >
> > Il ven 16 ago 2019, 19:03 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha
> > scritto:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > Is it worth to upgrade Netty before 4.10 release?
> > > I am running clients and bookies with 4.1.36, we have 4.1.32 in
> community
> > > pom.xml
> > >
> > > I think it is worth to update to latest and greatest 4.1.39 but I don't
> > > have a way to run extensive testing
> > >
> > > Which version are you using in prod?
> > >
> > > Enrico
> > >
> >
>
Re: Upgrading Netty?
Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
If we are close to a release, I would suggest holding on upgrading the
dependencies. We can upgrade in 4.11.
Thanks,
Sijie
On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 1:58 PM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ping
>
> Il ven 16 ago 2019, 19:03 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha
> scritto:
>
> > Hi all,
> > Is it worth to upgrade Netty before 4.10 release?
> > I am running clients and bookies with 4.1.36, we have 4.1.32 in community
> > pom.xml
> >
> > I think it is worth to update to latest and greatest 4.1.39 but I don't
> > have a way to run extensive testing
> >
> > Which version are you using in prod?
> >
> > Enrico
> >
>
Re: Upgrading Netty?
Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Ping
Il ven 16 ago 2019, 19:03 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> Is it worth to upgrade Netty before 4.10 release?
> I am running clients and bookies with 4.1.36, we have 4.1.32 in community
> pom.xml
>
> I think it is worth to update to latest and greatest 4.1.39 but I don't
> have a way to run extensive testing
>
> Which version are you using in prod?
>
> Enrico
>