Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 20:25:58 UTC

component x not found on page y

We have been struggling with an issue for several months now, any help would
be appreciated.  In our logs I see variations of the same error on the
following error which results in a 500 for the user:

2008-08-04 13:21:24,006 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component
updateSection:theForm not found on page
com.mdate.wap.messagecenter.TypeChatPage[id = 7], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract
void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component updateSection:theForm
not found on page com.mdate.wap.messagecenter.TypeChatPage[id = 7], listener
interface = [RequestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener,
method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:416)

2008-07-29 00:59:18,473 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component signup not
found on page com.mdate.wap.signup.RegisterStartPage[id = 2413], listener
interface = [RequestListenerInterface name=ILinkListener, method=public
abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component signup not found on page
com.mdate.wap.signup.RegisterStartPage[id = 2413], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:416)

2008-07-29 13:16:36,951 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component browseProfiles
not found on page com.mdate.wap.help.GettingStartedPage[id = 1408], listener
interface = [Reques
tListenerInterface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component browseProfiles not found
on page com.mdate.wap.help.GettingStartedPage[id = 1408], listener interface
= [RequestListener
Interface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:416)

2008-07-29 13:06:11,931 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component browseProfiles
not found on page com.mdate.wap.browse.NoAuthSearchPage[id = 2002], listener
interface = [Reques
tListenerInterface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component browseProfiles not found
on page com.mdate.wap.browse.NoAuthSearchPage[id = 2002], listener interface
= [RequestListener
Interface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:416)

2008-07-30 02:17:22,146 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] 4797907851: component
backToMessageCenterLink not found on page
com.mdate.wap.messagecenter.MessageCenterPage[id = 28], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterface name=ILinkListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component backToMessageCenterLink
not found on page com.mdate.wap.messagecenter.MessageCenterPage[id = 28],
listener interface = [RequestListenerInterface name=ILinkListener,
method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.ILinkListener.onLinkClicked()]
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.resolveListenerInterfaceTarget(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:416)

-----------------------

We are unable to repeat the issue and the pages render correctly when we
test them.  There is no AJAX in use on this site, and I can't identify any
specific pattern.  The error happens on unauthenticated pages as well as
authenticated pages.  We are using Wicket 1.3.4.  The components that are
referenced in the error messages don't exist on pages the messages
reference.

Re: component x not found on page y

Posted by Jeremy Levy <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex and Adib for your replies.

We are using a CryptedUrlWebRequestCodingStrategy with nearly every page
mounted or mounted with a HybridUrlCodingStrategy.

I don't beleive it's somebody messing with the urls, cause they usually
throws a Unable to decrypt the text '[B@ba0eb1' error...

Adib, I don't know whether or not the user is hitting the url directly or
via a link, we have not been able to reproduce this.  It happens on both
authenticated pages as well as unauthenticated pages.  I've added a
significant about of debug which prints out from the page we render on a 500
and i haven't seen any patterns.

The issue also occurs when Yahoo is crawling our site, however I can easily
identify when these errors are cause by them via the user agent.  When
Yahoo's crawler triggers the error I see in the access log they are hitting
URL's like this:

/welcome.966?x=n1EG3GX56t0ulUtzn*MVLOsMOhCEuWCg6DMoII3LE1CoeOFUtP7PokZjbVeXBVmR2teMhyxhUrIaAAaA7HFDTg

In this instance I think yahoo is caching URLs that they shouldn't and
causing the error.  However I can confirm that it also happens when they are
real users and they are authenticated.

2008-08-05 01:04:52,795 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component
replyToMessage:chatForm not found on page
com.mdate.wap.messagecenter.MessageCenterPage[id = 8], list
ener interface = [RequestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener,
method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component replyToMessage:chatForm
not found on page com.mdate.wap.messagecenter.MessageCenterPage[id = 8],
listener interface = [R
equestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract
void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]

This one happened last night, here is the corresponding access log:

66.94.27.11 - - [05/Aug/2008:01:04:52 -0400] "POST
/?x=HQUR8oRJyv2B8UI7IdJ6BlKWmnI4CpRrODszbyi4-T9Ef8mTexk0e8CKotWPrVL6HC4vAh*R284
HTTP/1.1" 500 780 "-" "Nokia6133/2.0 (05.60) Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1"

Here is another:

2008-08-05 08:25:17,170 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component theForm not
found on page com.mdate.wap.pages.NoAuthHome[id = 1], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterfac
e name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component theForm not found on
page com.mdate.wap.pages.NoAuthHome[id = 1], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInterface name=IF
ormSubmitListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]

205.142.19.156 - - [05/Aug/2008:08:25:17 -0400] "POST
/;jsessionid=113274B25003FF597DE9D1A15FBFDF86?x=i*qmA5w*VD2Zg38dweBV0Q*FgXtyP7gxjQy1YjCMmblPZXuaaT7Djw
HTTP/1.1" 500 575 "aff/ref/admob_v1_fcdsp/" "SCH-R500
UP.Browser/6.2.3.8(GUI) MMP/2.0"

And another:

2008-08-05 13:17:41,017 ERROR Wap [RequestCycle] : component
signinPanel:signInForm not found on page com.mdate.wap.home.HomePage[id =
1], listener interface = [R
equestListenerInterface name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract
void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: component signinPanel:signInForm
not found on page com.mdate.wap.home.HomePage[id = 1], listener interface =
[RequestListenerInter
face name=IFormSubmitListener, method=public abstract void
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmitListener.onFormSubmitted()]

170.206.246.107 - - [05/Aug/2008:13:17:40 -0400] "POST
/welcome.1?x=geYXZOE2bZuPNNKEFxNwchwyGRpnfNIWTqduWTmtnF1VDtP0cu30-9f9P-IhkKKVDO57vB01hsM
HTTP/1.1" 500 1211 "." "MOT-A-8D/00.01 UP.Browser/7.0.2.2.c.1.108 (GUI)
MMP/2.0 UP.Link/5.1.2.17"

---------
I'll take a look at extending IRequestCycleProcessor.

Alex, I understand what your saying, but I'm not sure that exact usecase is
whats going on here. I'm not exactly sure whats happening behind the scenes
either but somehow the URL that is being posted to or requested has some
state on the server, but doesn't correspond to something else on the
server.  Hows that for vague :)

I mounted every single URL thinking that might help as well with no luck.

Jeremy

Posted by Alex Jacoby <ae...@isr.umich.edu>.

Posted by Adib Saikali <ad...@programmingmastery.com>.
Is the user hitting the URL directly or are they visiting the page through a
link? Maybe there is a magical sequence of back / button / forward which
causes this problem for your application. Can you provide some information
as to the user access pattern that causes this, maybe look at the HTTP
access log around the time that they error occurs and try and to do the same
things.

A somewhat more invasive approach to try and better understand the context
would be to extend from one of the classes that implements
IRequestCycleProcessor and override the resolve method and have it call
super.resolve() inside of a try/catch block then when the exception occurs
you can some logging to better understand the context then rethrow the
exception. I have never tried this but if you are deseprate to find a
sloution it migh be worth trying.

I am just shooting in the dark but very interested in helping you fix this
problem.

Cheers
Adib